Thursday, April 9, 2015

Final #3: Group 3D Building Project

For this final we all got together as a class to build one big house with a surrounding area.  At first I had a hard time finding everyone since we weren't using minecraft.  We all choose something something to build, and we would all help each other out and build off of each other.  I really enjoyed this project especially because minecraft is so much easier to build with than meshmoon and second life, and it really was a team effort!


I helped out with the initial flooring, we choose cobblestone, but late changed it to carpet.



We then started to build up so I also helped out with that. 




My main job was the windows, I used clear class and each window had 4 tiles of class.   I had to do all 4 sides so it took me a while.


Here is the view of the windows from the inside. 


I added a book shelf.


Then jeff discovered a semi finished basement!


So I built stairs to the basement.


I then added a fireplace that went all the way up to the ceiling. 


Initially I was supposed to make the garden but someone else beat me to it so I just added some red roses to give it more color.


Group picture in the master bedroom in the attic!


This is a final where the entire class built together in minecraft. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc.

No comments:

Post a Comment